Margaret Cho to star in film she wrote
BY Joe Okonkwo
April 24 2003 12:00 AM ET
Margaret Cho will
star in the feature film Bam Bam and Celeste, a
screenplay that she wrote, reports indieWIRE.com. The film,
to be directed by Lorene Machado (Notorious C.H.O.),
will be one of the first releases of a new production
company, Salty Features, run by Eva Kolodner (Boys Don't
Cry) and Yael Melamede. According to a Salty release,
Bam Bam tells the story of two women on a road
trip: "Like Korean-American and African-American Queer
Wondertwins, they take on sexism, racism, and homophobia,
not to mention evil high-school nemeses, and together
discover that true beauty lies within."
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media