Take Me Out and Hairspray take top prizes from New York Drama Critics' Circle
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Richard Greenberg's gay-themed baseball play Take Me Out was named best play while Hairspray took best musical honors at Tuesday's New York Drama Critics' Circle awards. Alan Ayckbourn's Talking Heads was named best foreign play of the season by the group, which will hand out awards May 20 at Sardi's in New York.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women