Take Me Out and Hairspray take top prizes from New York Drama Critics' Circle
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Richard Greenberg's gay-themed baseball play Take Me Out was named best play while Hairspray took best musical honors at Tuesday's New York Drama Critics' Circle awards. Alan Ayckbourn's Talking Heads was named best foreign play of the season by the group, which will hand out awards May 20 at Sardi's in New York.
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf