Take Me Out and Hairspray take top prizes from New York Drama Critics' Circle
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Richard Greenberg's gay-themed baseball play Take Me Out was named best play while Hairspray took best musical honors at Tuesday's New York Drama Critics' Circle awards. Alan Ayckbourn's Talking Heads was named best foreign play of the season by the group, which will hand out awards May 20 at Sardi's in New York.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word