CBS cancels Charlie Lawrence
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 02 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that CBS has officially axed Charlie Lawrence, the little-viewed sitcom starring Nathan Lane as an openly gay freshman congressman. The show's scheduled Sunday appearance was replaced at the last minute with a CSI: Miami rerun. Both Charlie and Baby Bob got the heave-ho this week after already having been relegated to the summertime limbo that is network television. In its two Sunday airings, Charlie scored a fairly dismal 1.0 rating and 3 share with adults 18-49.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends