CBS cancels Charlie Lawrence
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 01 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that CBS has officially axed Charlie Lawrence, the little-viewed sitcom starring Nathan Lane as an openly gay freshman congressman. The show's scheduled Sunday appearance was replaced at the last minute with a CSI: Miami rerun. Both Charlie and Baby Bob got the heave-ho this week after already having been relegated to the summertime limbo that is network television. In its two Sunday airings, Charlie scored a fairly dismal 1.0 rating and 3 share with adults 18-49.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment