Mario Cantone signs sitcom deal
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2003 12:00 AM ET
Out stand-up comedian and New York stage actor Mario Cantone, who costars on the hit HBO comedy Sex and the City, is developing his own series. He has signed a deal with 20th Century Fox TV-based Imagine TV to star in and co-executive-produce a sitcom project targeted for fall 2004. The show is said to center on two characters--a gay man and a straight Italian man--created by Cantone, with both characters potentially played by the actor. The project is still in the early stages of development, and Cantone is expected to pair up with a writer soon.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women
- WATCH: Stephen Schwartz Takes Broadway Hits to High Seas