"Boondocks" strip fuels Condi rumors
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Is Condoleezza Rice gay? We have no idea. But a comic strip was all it took to start the rumors rolling. Last week The Washington Post--alone among hundreds of other U.S. papers--killed an installment of Aaron McGruder's comic "The Boondocks" that featured a young boy saying, "Maybe if there was a man in the world who Condoleezza truly loved, she wouldn't be so hell-bent to destroy it." Next, ex-George magazine editor Richard Blow opines in his online column, tompaine.com, that the strip "could be interpreted as suggesting that Rice is gay. Particularly since there's already scuttlebutt to this effect in Washington." The evidence: "Rice is single and comes across as a little frosty."
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples