"Boondocks" strip fuels Condi rumors
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Is Condoleezza Rice gay? We have no idea. But a comic strip was all it took to start the rumors rolling. Last week The Washington Post--alone among hundreds of other U.S. papers--killed an installment of Aaron McGruder's comic "The Boondocks" that featured a young boy saying, "Maybe if there was a man in the world who Condoleezza truly loved, she wouldn't be so hell-bent to destroy it." Next, ex-George magazine editor Richard Blow opines in his online column, tompaine.com, that the strip "could be interpreted as suggesting that Rice is gay. Particularly since there's already scuttlebutt to this effect in Washington." The evidence: "Rice is single and comes across as a little frosty."
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'