David France's Our Fathers coming to Showtime
February 27 2004 1:00 AM ET
Out author David France's new book, Our Fathers, which examines the Roman Catholic Church's pedophilia scandal and subsequent cover-up, is being turned into an original movie for Showtime, the cable network announced Thursday. Dan Curtis (The Winds of War, Dark Shadows) will direct and executive produce from a script by Thomas Michael Donnelly. In a statement, France said, "I became very emotionally connected to all the people who told me their stories for Our Fathers. These were people who went through tremendously challenging childhoods and went on to become not just survivors but heroes in the Catholic Church crisis. Tom Donnelly's screenplay really got that. He heard the sadness in their voices, but also the strength and the faith--a faith in the fortitude of the human spirit. I can't think of a better place to interpret this material than with Showtime." Pre-production is slated to begin in April; no airdate has yet been set.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing