David France's Our Fathers coming to Showtime
February 27 2004 1:00 AM ET
Out author David France's new book, Our Fathers, which examines the Roman Catholic Church's pedophilia scandal and subsequent cover-up, is being turned into an original movie for Showtime, the cable network announced Thursday. Dan Curtis (The Winds of War, Dark Shadows) will direct and executive produce from a script by Thomas Michael Donnelly. In a statement, France said, "I became very emotionally connected to all the people who told me their stories for Our Fathers. These were people who went through tremendously challenging childhoods and went on to become not just survivors but heroes in the Catholic Church crisis. Tom Donnelly's screenplay really got that. He heard the sadness in their voices, but also the strength and the faith--a faith in the fortitude of the human spirit. I can't think of a better place to interpret this material than with Showtime." Pre-production is slated to begin in April; no airdate has yet been set.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide