David France's Our Fathers coming to Showtime
February 27 2004 1:00 AM ET
Out author David France's new book, Our Fathers, which examines the Roman Catholic Church's pedophilia scandal and subsequent cover-up, is being turned into an original movie for Showtime, the cable network announced Thursday. Dan Curtis (The Winds of War, Dark Shadows) will direct and executive produce from a script by Thomas Michael Donnelly. In a statement, France said, "I became very emotionally connected to all the people who told me their stories for Our Fathers. These were people who went through tremendously challenging childhoods and went on to become not just survivors but heroes in the Catholic Church crisis. Tom Donnelly's screenplay really got that. He heard the sadness in their voices, but also the strength and the faith--a faith in the fortitude of the human spirit. I can't think of a better place to interpret this material than with Showtime." Pre-production is slated to begin in April; no airdate has yet been set.
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination
- Prominent Queer Korean, Chicana Leader Killed in Her Atlanta Home