Q. Allan Brocka's Eating Out wins at Honolulu gay and lesbian film festival
June 05 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker (and Advocate.com columnist) Q. Allan Brocka won the Best Feature Film award for his romantic comedy Eating Outat the Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival for GLBT films that concluded May 30. The comedy tells the story of a straight college student who decides the fastest way into a girl's heart is through her gay best friend. Dan Castle's The Visitor won the festival's prize for Best Short Film.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'