NBC pulls Siegfried and Roy cartoon during November sweeps
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
NBC is pulling the freshman computer-animated comedy Father of the Pride, which revolves around the antics of Las Vegas icons Siegfried and Roy, off the schedule for the November sweeps (November 4-December 1). During sweeps, Pride's Tuesday at 9 p.m. slot will be taken over by the network's new reality series The Biggest Loser, which will be expanded from 60 to 90 minutes, running from 8-9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The remaining episodes of Pride will air after sweeps, an NBC spokesman said, declining further comment on the future of the show. Given the long production cycle for the $2 million-per episode animated series, the network was expected to make a decision on a back-nine order for the show shortly. In light of Pride's high cost and soft ratings, that order is now considered unlikely.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday