NBC pulls Siegfried and Roy cartoon during November sweeps
November 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
NBC is pulling the freshman computer-animated comedy Father of the Pride, which revolves around the antics of Las Vegas icons Siegfried and Roy, off the schedule for the November sweeps (November 4-December 1). During sweeps, Pride's Tuesday at 9 p.m. slot will be taken over by the network's new reality series The Biggest Loser, which will be expanded from 60 to 90 minutes, running from 8-9:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. The remaining episodes of Pride will air after sweeps, an NBC spokesman said, declining further comment on the future of the show. Given the long production cycle for the $2 million-per episode animated series, the network was expected to make a decision on a back-nine order for the show shortly. In light of Pride's high cost and soft ratings, that order is now considered unlikely.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent