Olivia Munn to Obama: Legalize Gay Marriage
BY Julie Bolcer
June 01 2010 10:35 AM ET
Television personality Olivia Munn took President Barack Obama to task last week for not legalizing marriages for same-sex couples, saying that as an African-American man, he should be more sensitive.
Munn, 29, spoke with the Fox News entertainment site Pop Tarts.
“It’s ridiculous and I'm really upset that Obama, as a black man, and all the things that African Americans have gone through after being oppressed, has said 'you're less than' and cannot stand up and say marriage is a union between two individuals who love each other,” she said. “I just think everyone should be allowed the same rights — if they want to exercise them, they can and if they don't, they don't.”
Munn recently posed for a PETA campaign urging people to boycott the circus in response to claims of elephant abuse.
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- WATCH: Gay Marine Proposes to Boyfriend
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM