Anderson Cooper to Make Broadway Debut
BY Julie Bolcer
January 18 2011 10:30 AM ET
Anderson Cooper will make his Broadway debut as the voice of the narrator in the 50th anniversary production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, opening this spring.
According to Broadway World, the Emmy and Peabody award–winning CNN host follows in the footsteps of the late journalism legend Walter Cronkite, who supplied the voice of the narrator in the 1995 revival of the musical, starring Matthew Broderick.
This time around, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe plays J. Pierrepont Finch, the window washer with the bumpy climb up the corporate ladder. John Larroquette plays his boss, J.B. Biggley, and newcomer Rose Hemingway will play Finch’s love interest, Rosemary Pilkington.
Directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford, the latest revival of the Tony award and Pulitzer Prize–winning musical comedy begins previews February 26. The musical opens on March 27 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM