Anderson Cooper to Make Broadway Debut
BY Julie Bolcer
January 18 2011 11:30 AM ET
Anderson Cooper will make his Broadway debut as the voice of the narrator in the 50th anniversary production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, opening this spring.
According to Broadway World, the Emmy and Peabody award–winning CNN host follows in the footsteps of the late journalism legend Walter Cronkite, who supplied the voice of the narrator in the 1995 revival of the musical, starring Matthew Broderick.
This time around, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe plays J. Pierrepont Finch, the window washer with the bumpy climb up the corporate ladder. John Larroquette plays his boss, J.B. Biggley, and newcomer Rose Hemingway will play Finch’s love interest, Rosemary Pilkington.
Directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford, the latest revival of the Tony award and Pulitzer Prize–winning musical comedy begins previews February 26. The musical opens on March 27 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality