Anderson Cooper to Make Broadway Debut
BY Julie Bolcer
January 18 2011 11:30 AM ET
Anderson Cooper will make his Broadway debut as the voice of the narrator in the 50th anniversary production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, opening this spring.
According to Broadway World, the Emmy and Peabody award–winning CNN host follows in the footsteps of the late journalism legend Walter Cronkite, who supplied the voice of the narrator in the 1995 revival of the musical, starring Matthew Broderick.
This time around, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe plays J. Pierrepont Finch, the window washer with the bumpy climb up the corporate ladder. John Larroquette plays his boss, J.B. Biggley, and newcomer Rose Hemingway will play Finch’s love interest, Rosemary Pilkington.
Directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford, the latest revival of the Tony award and Pulitzer Prize–winning musical comedy begins previews February 26. The musical opens on March 27 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 1 min 36 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 16 min 9 sec ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 18 min 57 sec ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to Their Child Coming Out 33 min 37 sec ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 35 min 1 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Meet Orphan Black's New Clone! 35 min 21 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is ... Dolly Wilde 57 min 53 sec ago