Anderson Cooper to Make Broadway Debut
BY Julie Bolcer
January 18 2011 11:30 AM ET
Anderson Cooper will make his Broadway debut as the voice of the narrator in the 50th anniversary production of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, opening this spring.
According to Broadway World, the Emmy and Peabody award–winning CNN host follows in the footsteps of the late journalism legend Walter Cronkite, who supplied the voice of the narrator in the 1995 revival of the musical, starring Matthew Broderick.
This time around, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe plays J. Pierrepont Finch, the window washer with the bumpy climb up the corporate ladder. John Larroquette plays his boss, J.B. Biggley, and newcomer Rose Hemingway will play Finch’s love interest, Rosemary Pilkington.
Directed and choreographed by Rob Ashford, the latest revival of the Tony award and Pulitzer Prize–winning musical comedy begins previews February 26. The musical opens on March 27 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre.
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ben Carson Gets the Constitution Wrong Again
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox