Jonathan Ross: My Daughter Is a Lesbian
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 19 2011 8:55 AM ET
British TV presenter Jonathan Ross, who had been accused of making an
antigay joke, said in a radio interview that his oldest daughter, Betty Kitten, is a lesbian.
According to the U.K. Press Association, the former BBC host appeared on the Gaydar Radio breakfast show and was asked how he would feel if his daughters brought a woman home.
"My eldest daughter is gay, so that's a question which I've dealt with on a regular basis already, which is, providing it's a nice woman, I'm thrilled,” he replied. “I've got no problems at all, obviously.
"I think that's pretty much out there — she talks about it on her Twitter feed. As any dad, really, I love my kids regardless of who they are, what they do, and I would love them if they were in trouble, I would love them if they were going through difficulties.
"Certainly, their sexuality is (a) really none of my business and (b) certainly none of my concern. I just want them to be good, happy, stable people and so far, all three of them seem to be that."
Ross and his wife, Jane Goldman, have three children. In 2009, Ross was accused of making antigay comments after he said sons who asked for Hannah Montana MP3 players should be put up for adoption.
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Nevada Becomes 6th State to Introduce Transphobic Legislation This Year
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys