Jonathan Ross: My Daughter Is a Lesbian
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 19 2011 8:55 AM ET
British TV presenter Jonathan Ross, who had been accused of making an
antigay joke, said in a radio interview that his oldest daughter, Betty Kitten, is a lesbian.
According to the U.K. Press Association, the former BBC host appeared on the Gaydar Radio breakfast show and was asked how he would feel if his daughters brought a woman home.
"My eldest daughter is gay, so that's a question which I've dealt with on a regular basis already, which is, providing it's a nice woman, I'm thrilled,” he replied. “I've got no problems at all, obviously.
"I think that's pretty much out there — she talks about it on her Twitter feed. As any dad, really, I love my kids regardless of who they are, what they do, and I would love them if they were in trouble, I would love them if they were going through difficulties.
"Certainly, their sexuality is (a) really none of my business and (b) certainly none of my concern. I just want them to be good, happy, stable people and so far, all three of them seem to be that."
Ross and his wife, Jane Goldman, have three children. In 2009, Ross was accused of making antigay comments after he said sons who asked for Hannah Montana MP3 players should be put up for adoption.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 1 hour 31 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 1 hour 44 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM