John Galliano Arrested in Paris
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2011 9:05 AM ET
British designer John Galliano was detained by police in Paris on Thursday for alleged assault and making anti-Semitic comments.
According to Agence France-Presse, “The detention in Paris' fashionable Marais district came after Dior's chief designer allegedly verbally accosted a couple seated on a cafe terrace. Galliano's lawyer strongly denied accusations of anti-Semitism.”
Police found that Galliano, the head designer at Christian Dior, had been drinking alcohol. He was released pending the filing of charges.
Recently, it was announced that the gay designer would design the wedding dress for Kate Moss.
- Mormon Church: Let's Make a Deal on LGBT Antidiscrimination Law
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Amid Marriage Standoff, Alabama Lawmaker Threatens to Out Cheating Colleagues
- Meet the Gay Bear Nerds Hoping to Bring Down Jeb Bush
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island