John Galliano Arrested in Paris
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2011 10:05 AM ET
British designer John Galliano was detained by police in Paris on Thursday for alleged assault and making anti-Semitic comments.
According to Agence France-Presse, “The detention in Paris' fashionable Marais district came after Dior's chief designer allegedly verbally accosted a couple seated on a cafe terrace. Galliano's lawyer strongly denied accusations of anti-Semitism.”
Police found that Galliano, the head designer at Christian Dior, had been drinking alcohol. He was released pending the filing of charges.
Recently, it was announced that the gay designer would design the wedding dress for Kate Moss.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'