John Galliano Arrested in Paris
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2011 10:05 AM ET
British designer John Galliano was detained by police in Paris on Thursday for alleged assault and making anti-Semitic comments.
According to Agence France-Presse, “The detention in Paris' fashionable Marais district came after Dior's chief designer allegedly verbally accosted a couple seated on a cafe terrace. Galliano's lawyer strongly denied accusations of anti-Semitism.”
Police found that Galliano, the head designer at Christian Dior, had been drinking alcohol. He was released pending the filing of charges.
Recently, it was announced that the gay designer would design the wedding dress for Kate Moss.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts