John Galliano Arrested in Paris
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2011 10:05 AM ET
British designer John Galliano was detained by police in Paris on Thursday for alleged assault and making anti-Semitic comments.
According to Agence France-Presse, “The detention in Paris' fashionable Marais district came after Dior's chief designer allegedly verbally accosted a couple seated on a cafe terrace. Galliano's lawyer strongly denied accusations of anti-Semitism.”
Police found that Galliano, the head designer at Christian Dior, had been drinking alcohol. He was released pending the filing of charges.
Recently, it was announced that the gay designer would design the wedding dress for Kate Moss.
- Colorado Springs Grindr Hookup Ends in Murder
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman