John Galliano Arrested in Paris
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2011 10:05 AM ET
British designer John Galliano was detained by police in Paris on Thursday for alleged assault and making anti-Semitic comments.
According to Agence France-Presse, “The detention in Paris' fashionable Marais district came after Dior's chief designer allegedly verbally accosted a couple seated on a cafe terrace. Galliano's lawyer strongly denied accusations of anti-Semitism.”
Police found that Galliano, the head designer at Christian Dior, had been drinking alcohol. He was released pending the filing of charges.
Recently, it was announced that the gay designer would design the wedding dress for Kate Moss.
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial
- Couple Plead Guilty to Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The LGBT Films of AFI Fest 2014
- Dallas Airport Attacker Unlikely to Face Hate Crime Charges
- #TBT: Halloween Do's and Don'ts