Alec Baldwin Apologizes for Threatening, Homophobic Tweets
BY Neal Broverman
June 29 2013 12:53 PM ET UPDATED: June 29 2013 4:09 PM ET
Alec Baldwin has a temper like no other and his fury was recently unleashed on a Daily Mail reporter who wrote that his wife was tweeting during James Gandolfini's funeral.
Baldwin took umbrage with reporter George Stark, to put it lightly, and unloaded on him on Twitter. "I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this fucking little bitch, George Stark." Baldwin, who's verbally attacked other "queens" and women on social media, as well as famously telling his daughter she's a "rude little pig," continued: "If [sic] put my foot up your fucking ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much." He continued, calling Stark a "toxic little queen" and saying "I'm gonna fuck... you... up." Baldwin later deleted his Twitter account.
As is the routine for these situations, Baldwin later released a statement saying that no way is he antigay: "My ill-advised attack on George Stark of the Daily Mail had absolutely nothing to do with issues of anyone's sexual orientation. My anger was directed at Mr. Stark for blatantly lying and disseminating libelous information about my wife and her conduct at our friend's funeral service. As someone who fights against homophobia. I apologize.
I have worked, periodically, with numerous marriage equality organizations, especially over the past couple of years, to achieve the very rights that gay couples are earning by recent court decisions. I would not advocate violence against someone for being gay and I hope that my friends at GLAAD and the gay community understand that my attack on Mr. Stark in no way was the result of homophobia."
Salon's Prachi Gupta questions why Baldwin was not dropped by his employer (he does ads for Capital One bank) or harangued by the media, while Paula Deen, who confessed to using racial slurs, has been vilified by the public. Anderson Cooper also weighed in and he's not happy with Baldwin.
Click here to read The Advocate's 2008 interview with Baldwin.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 1 hour 44 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 6 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Australia Re-Bans Same-Sex Marriage 2 hours 22 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 2 hours 25 min ago
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 33 min ago
- Internet Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay 2:44 PM