Bob Smith: I Advocate Cheese, Acupuncture, and Basset Hounds
BY Advocate Contributors
August 09 2011 4:00 AM ET
...The Lambda Literary Foundation
My brother nicknamed me “Bookworm” (“Worm” for short), so it’s no surprise that supporting LGBT literature is a cause that makes my heart thump. Reading books is often how we come out to ourselves, and I first thought of becoming an openly gay comedian and writer after reading Joe Orton’s biography and collected plays. The Lambda Literary Foundation is the leading national nonprofit for LGBT readers, writers, publishers, editors, librarians, and booksellers. Its programs include the Lambda Literary Awards, the Writers’ Retreat for Emerging LGBT Voices, and its website, the premier online destination for LGBT literature. LambdaLiterary.org
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.