BY Brandon Voss
October 17 2009 6:25 PM ET
If you stomached the films Eating Out and Eating Out 2: Sloppy
Seconds, make room for another helping of horny high jinks. Eating Out
3: All You Can Eat, the tasty third in the full-frontal-friendly
romantic comedy series, is now playing at select theaters. Serving up wit,
warmth, and wisdom alongside the usual wild young things, My Trip Down
the Pink Carpet author Leslie Jordan plays Harry, a kindly older
confidant who runs the Larry Craig LGBT Center. Best known as Brother
Boy in Sordid Lives and for his Emmy-winning recurring role as Karen
Walker’s diminutive nemesis Beverley Leslie on Will & Grace, the
busy character actor retraces his journey from park bushes to the big
screen and -- if Karen has any say -- Broadway.
Advocate.com: Were you a fan of the other Eating Out films before signing on to Eating Out 3?
Jordan: I hadn’t seen them. I work so much, so I just don’t go to a lot
of movies or watch a lot of TV. When I went to meet the director, Glenn
Gaylord, I hadn’t even read the script for Eating Out 3. I told him,
“When I do read a script, it’s always, ‘bullshit, bullshit, bullshit,
my line, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit,’ anyway.” Once I read the
script, I liked it, but I still haven’t seen the other ones.
You didn’t feel like you should catch up?
I’m not one of these actors that prepares and plans. I’m like Megan
Mullally, who’s my favorite actor I’ve ever worked with -- “Honey, you
just show up and do it. It’s like verbal ping-pong: Pass the lines back
and forth and see what happens.”
Eating Out 3 might be the
raciest one in the threesome. Do you think queer indie films need
gratuitous sex and full-frontal nudity to succeed?
It does sell
tickets. The minute I heard you got to see Jason Segal’s dick, I bought
a ticket to Forgetting Sarah Marshall. My gripe has always been that
you’ll have a gay indie with a great message, but once you add nudity
you end up just preaching to the choir. All the gay people are going to
see it because of the nudity, but you’re not going to reach a wider
audience with a bunch of boys sucking each other off. Brokeback
Mountain had the perfect wide appeal. Yes, it had a little spit and
butt-fucking, which was hot, but that didn’t overshadow the love story. I didn’t know there was nudity until I read an interview with
some of the boys in one of the gay rags this week. I guess I’m just as
guilty because I can’t wait to see their wieners.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 1 hour 3 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 1 hour 7 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 1 hour 29 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 1 hour 32 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 2 hours 58 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 5:39 PM
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 5:22 PM