BY Advocate.com Editors
December 09 2009 3:42 PM ET
- Up in the Air: The National Board for Review just named George Clooney’s latest flick the best movie of the year. Here, he plays a man who travels the country firing people, never making a connection, until a young protégée (Camp and Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick) and a romantic interest (The Departed’s Vera Farmiga) force him out of his shell.
- Everybody’s Fine:Getting mixed reviews but sure to draw some attention is Everybody’s Fine, the holiday weepie starring Robert De Niro as a man trying to make good with his kids at the holidays. They are played by Kate Beckinsale, Sam Rockwell, and Prop. 8 rally staple Drew Barrymore.
- Brothers: One thing is for sure — there’s a whole lot of
pretty in this film. Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Tobey Maguire
star in this war drama about a woman torn between her husband (who is
presumed dead) and his brother. The film is also getting mixed reviews, but
Maguire is said to be pitch-perfect. Watch the trailer below:
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View