BY Advocate.com Editors
December 09 2009 4:42 PM ET
- Up in the Air: The National Board for Review just named George Clooney’s latest flick the best movie of the year. Here, he plays a man who travels the country firing people, never making a connection, until a young protégée (Camp and Twilight scene-stealer Anna Kendrick) and a romantic interest (The Departed’s Vera Farmiga) force him out of his shell.
- Everybody’s Fine:Getting mixed reviews but sure to draw some attention is Everybody’s Fine, the holiday weepie starring Robert De Niro as a man trying to make good with his kids at the holidays. They are played by Kate Beckinsale, Sam Rockwell, and Prop. 8 rally staple Drew Barrymore.
- Brothers: One thing is for sure — there’s a whole lot of
pretty in this film. Natalie Portman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Tobey Maguire
star in this war drama about a woman torn between her husband (who is
presumed dead) and his brother. The film is also getting mixed reviews, but
Maguire is said to be pitch-perfect. Watch the trailer below:
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 34 min 53 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 34 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 19 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM