And the Oscar for Most Disturbing Depiction Goes to…
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 1:19 PM ET
While the editors were making their bets for the Oscars pool as we got ready for the weekend, we started listing some of our most loved and hated films depicting LGBT life and characters. "There ought to be an Oscar for that!" one editor shrieked. So here is what made the top of our list for nominees. There are certainly more, so if you have a favorite, disturbing depiction, please add it to the comments below.
Below: The Killing of Sister George
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality