And the Oscar for Most Disturbing Depiction Goes to…
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 25 2012 1:19 PM ET
While the editors were making their bets for the Oscars pool as we got ready for the weekend, we started listing some of our most loved and hated films depicting LGBT life and characters. "There ought to be an Oscar for that!" one editor shrieked. So here is what made the top of our list for nominees. There are certainly more, so if you have a favorite, disturbing depiction, please add it to the comments below.
Below: The Killing of Sister George
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men