Hot Sheet: Sighs Matter
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2013 7:46 PM ET
1. FILM: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
In the second film based on Suzanne Collins’s novels, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) embarks on a victory tour after surviving a vicious round of the Hunger Games, in which she had fought other young people to the death for the entertainment of the people of Panem, a fictional world marked by extremes of wealthy excess and abject poverty. The friction between the haves and have-nots has reached a crucial point in this enviroment, set in post-apocalyptic North America, and Katniss, as a symbol of hope and potential rebellion for the repressed citizens of the districts, must walk a precarious line or else risk her life yet again. Along the way, she must also publicly claim love for her battle mate Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) for political reasons, while fanning sparks from an old flame, Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth). As the saying goes, may the odds be ever in her favor. —Daniel Reynolds
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire premieres opens today. Watch the trailer below.
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Art or Porn?: Filmmakers Who Tested the Limits
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- It's Probably A Good Idea to Listen to Nate Silver
- Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Act: 'Null and Void'