Microsoft Commercial Features Lesbian Wedding
BY Jase Peeples
March 13 2013 2:28 PM ET
From opinion polls to popular votes, support for marriage equality has never been stronger, and the latest commercial for Microsoft Outlook, which features a lesbian couple on their wedding day, is a reflection of that cultural shift.
The Washington-based company has a track record of pro-LGBT stances. The founder and CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, each donated $100,000 to support Washington state's marriage equality law as it was challenged in a referendum vote this November.
Microsoft also joined a coalition of companies that filed a legal brief opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act, calling for it to be struck down by arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
Watch the commercial below.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Bruce Jenner Helps Us Stand Taller in Our Truth
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument