Microsoft Commercial Features Lesbian Wedding
BY Jase Peeples
March 13 2013 1:28 PM ET
From opinion polls to popular votes, support for marriage equality has never been stronger, and the latest commercial for Microsoft Outlook, which features a lesbian couple on their wedding day, is a reflection of that cultural shift.
The Washington-based company has a track record of pro-LGBT stances. The founder and CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, each donated $100,000 to support Washington state's marriage equality law as it was challenged in a referendum vote this November.
Microsoft also joined a coalition of companies that filed a legal brief opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act, calling for it to be struck down by arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
Watch the commercial below.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 2 hours 8 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM