Microsoft Commercial Features Lesbian Wedding
BY Jase Peeples
March 13 2013 2:28 PM ET
From opinion polls to popular votes, support for marriage equality has never been stronger, and the latest commercial for Microsoft Outlook, which features a lesbian couple on their wedding day, is a reflection of that cultural shift.
The Washington-based company has a track record of pro-LGBT stances. The founder and CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, each donated $100,000 to support Washington state's marriage equality law as it was challenged in a referendum vote this November.
Microsoft also joined a coalition of companies that filed a legal brief opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act, calling for it to be struck down by arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
Watch the commercial below.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination