Microsoft Commercial Features Lesbian Wedding
BY Jase Peeples
March 13 2013 1:28 PM ET
From opinion polls to popular votes, support for marriage equality has never been stronger, and the latest commercial for Microsoft Outlook, which features a lesbian couple on their wedding day, is a reflection of that cultural shift.
The Washington-based company has a track record of pro-LGBT stances. The founder and CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, each donated $100,000 to support Washington state's marriage equality law as it was challenged in a referendum vote this November.
Microsoft also joined a coalition of companies that filed a legal brief opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act, calling for it to be struck down by arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
Watch the commercial below.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment