Microsoft Commercial Features Lesbian Wedding
BY Jase Peeples
March 13 2013 2:28 PM ET
From opinion polls to popular votes, support for marriage equality has never been stronger, and the latest commercial for Microsoft Outlook, which features a lesbian couple on their wedding day, is a reflection of that cultural shift.
The Washington-based company has a track record of pro-LGBT stances. The founder and CEO of Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer, each donated $100,000 to support Washington state's marriage equality law as it was challenged in a referendum vote this November.
Microsoft also joined a coalition of companies that filed a legal brief opposed to the Defense of Marriage Act, calling for it to be struck down by arguing the federal ban on same-sex marriage is bad for business.
Watch the commercial below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Rising Above the Down Low
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 2 hours 34 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM