Transgender Against Me! Singer Does First Post-Coming Out Show
BY Trudy Ring
May 28 2012 10:06 PM ET
The transgender Against Me! singer formerly known as Tom Gabel appeared in her first concert under the name of Laura Jane Grace Friday.
Grace was received well by the audience in San Diego, Rolling Stone reports. The punk-rock band, on tour with British group the Cult, performed six new songs, including “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which will be the title track of the new Against Me! album.
The audience cheered when she performed another song with gender references, 2007’s “The Ocean,” with the line “If I could have chosen / I would have been born a woman.” Grace’s hormone therapy did not interfere with her voice or stamina, Rolling Stone notes, and fans interviewed by the magazine expressed support for her transition. Read the full article here.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post