Transgender Against Me! Singer Does First Post-Coming Out Show
BY Trudy Ring
May 28 2012 10:06 PM ET
The transgender Against Me! singer formerly known as Tom Gabel appeared in her first concert under the name of Laura Jane Grace Friday.
Grace was received well by the audience in San Diego, Rolling Stone reports. The punk-rock band, on tour with British group the Cult, performed six new songs, including “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which will be the title track of the new Against Me! album.
The audience cheered when she performed another song with gender references, 2007’s “The Ocean,” with the line “If I could have chosen / I would have been born a woman.” Grace’s hormone therapy did not interfere with her voice or stamina, Rolling Stone notes, and fans interviewed by the magazine expressed support for her transition. Read the full article here.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun