Transgender Against Me! Singer Does First Post-Coming Out Show
BY Trudy Ring
May 28 2012 10:06 PM ET
The transgender Against Me! singer formerly known as Tom Gabel appeared in her first concert under the name of Laura Jane Grace Friday.
Grace was received well by the audience in San Diego, Rolling Stone reports. The punk-rock band, on tour with British group the Cult, performed six new songs, including “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which will be the title track of the new Against Me! album.
The audience cheered when she performed another song with gender references, 2007’s “The Ocean,” with the line “If I could have chosen / I would have been born a woman.” Grace’s hormone therapy did not interfere with her voice or stamina, Rolling Stone notes, and fans interviewed by the magazine expressed support for her transition. Read the full article here.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word