Transgender Against Me! Singer Does First Post-Coming Out Show
BY Trudy Ring
May 28 2012 9:06 PM ET
The transgender Against Me! singer formerly known as Tom Gabel appeared in her first concert under the name of Laura Jane Grace Friday.
Grace was received well by the audience in San Diego, Rolling Stone reports. The punk-rock band, on tour with British group the Cult, performed six new songs, including “Transgender Dysphoria Blues,” which will be the title track of the new Against Me! album.
The audience cheered when she performed another song with gender references, 2007’s “The Ocean,” with the line “If I could have chosen / I would have been born a woman.” Grace’s hormone therapy did not interfere with her voice or stamina, Rolling Stone notes, and fans interviewed by the magazine expressed support for her transition. Read the full article here.
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India 1 hour 4 min ago
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 1 hour 38 min ago
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 2 hours 8 min ago
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 2 hours 35 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 2 hours 38 min ago
- The Wedding Channel Gay Couples to Wed Atop 2014 Rose Parade Float 3:17 PM