WATCH: Korea's Biggest Trans Celebrity Releases Bouncy New Video
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
July 11 2012 3:53 PM ET
Transgender singer Harisu became Korea's first transgender celebrity back in 2001, says AllKPop.com, after appearing in a popular ad. Over the next several years she released five full-length albums and six singles, with her fame spreading to other countries in Asia like Japan and China. Now she's back with a new album, The Queen (her first in five years) and a new video is out for the title track of "Shopping Girl," which would fit in well at any American nightclub.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Florida Man Fired for Saying He'll Wed His Dog Because of Same-Sex Marriage
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'