Elton John Says Life Will be Difficult for His Son
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 21 2012 3:03 PM ET
Elton John says he is worried about the homophobia his son, Zachary, may face because he has two fathers, according to a new profile in Radio Times.
“Being the child of someone famous is a huge ball and chain around your ankles,” the entertainer says. “It’s going to be very difficult.”
John and civil partner David Furnish became parents to Zachary Christmas Day 2010 using a donor egg and a surrogate.
“At school other children will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” John offers. “We’ve come a long way, but there’s still homophobia and will be until a new generation of parents don’t instil it in their children.”
The 65-year-old entertainer also reveals that Zachary calls him “Daddy” around the home and refers to Furnish as “Papa.”
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- WATCH: Pastor Gets a Taste of His 'Sodomite Semen' Lattes By Sharing Parody Video
- WATCH: NOM's Finances Are Even Worse Than We Thought
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role