Elton John Says Life Will be Difficult for His Son
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 21 2012 4:03 PM ET
Elton John says he is worried about the homophobia his son, Zachary, may face because he has two fathers, according to a new profile in Radio Times.
“Being the child of someone famous is a huge ball and chain around your ankles,” the entertainer says. “It’s going to be very difficult.”
John and civil partner David Furnish became parents to Zachary Christmas Day 2010 using a donor egg and a surrogate.
“At school other children will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” John offers. “We’ve come a long way, but there’s still homophobia and will be until a new generation of parents don’t instil it in their children.”
The 65-year-old entertainer also reveals that Zachary calls him “Daddy” around the home and refers to Furnish as “Papa.”
- Youth WATCH: Ark. High School Yearbook Refuses to Profile Out Student 14 min 10 sec ago
- Women WATCH: PLL's Shay Mitchell - 'Sometimes I'd Rather Kiss Another Girl' 36 min 12 sec ago
- Politics Ore. AG Rules 'Religious Freedom' Bill Title Must Say 'Discrimination' 51 min 52 sec ago
- Television PHOTOS: Behind The Scenes With a New Gay Sitcom 1 hour 19 min ago
- Music LISTEN: Lady Gaga's 'Brooklyn Nights' Leaked 2 hours 10 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 2 hours 24 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 2 hours 25 min ago