Elton John Says Life Will be Difficult for His Son
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 21 2012 3:03 PM ET
Elton John says he is worried about the homophobia his son, Zachary, may face because he has two fathers, according to a new profile in Radio Times.
“Being the child of someone famous is a huge ball and chain around your ankles,” the entertainer says. “It’s going to be very difficult.”
John and civil partner David Furnish became parents to Zachary Christmas Day 2010 using a donor egg and a surrogate.
“At school other children will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy,’” John offers. “We’ve come a long way, but there’s still homophobia and will be until a new generation of parents don’t instil it in their children.”
The 65-year-old entertainer also reveals that Zachary calls him “Daddy” around the home and refers to Furnish as “Papa.”
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View