WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson 'Breaking So Many Rules' for His Wedding
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 05 2012 7:53 PM ET
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, the out actor best known for playing one half of gay couple (and dads) Mitch and Cam on Modern Family, revealed some sartorial details about his forthcoming wedding to his partner, Justin Mikita. In an interview with Celebuzz today, Ferguson said he and his husband-to-be have a few plans to buck tradition.
"We're breaking so many rules with our wedding," said Ferguson. "But we kind of realized that we can do whatever we want, so I don't think there will be a big reveal with what we're wearing. There will have to be other surprises."
Ferguson said he and Mikita would be wearing bow ties from the new line the partners just launched, called Tie the Knot. Proceeds from the bow tie sales go toward fighting for marriage equality.
Watch the interview below.
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene