John Waters: Reality TV Ruined Bad Taste
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 30 2010 3:25 PM ET
Filmmaker John Waters, famed for once-shocking movies such as Pink Flamingos and Female Trouble, says reality TV has ruined bad taste, in an interview with website ExpressNightOut. "I don't even think there is bad taste anymore,"he says. "American humor is bad taste — that's what we import, that's what television is about, reality television is based on that. I think it kind of ruined bad taste, because you're asked to feel superior to the subject matter, which I don't think I ever do."
Waters's new book, Role Models, in which he profiles people ranging from singer Johnny Mathis to atheist leader Madalyn Murray O'Hair, is now available.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 1 hour 7 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 25 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 32 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 1 hour 47 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 58 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 26 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 2 hours 32 min ago