FIRST LOOK: Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 04 2012 5:07 PM ET
Liz & Dick, the film starring Lindsay Lohan as late screen idol-AIDS activist Elizabeth Taylor, began filming today in Los Angeles and the first publicity photo has been released.
The Lifetime movie will examine the legendary love affair between Taylor and Richard Burton (True Blood's Grant Bowler), whom the actress married twice following a torrid romance that scandalized many of their fans.
“I have always admired and had enormous respect for Elizabeth Taylor," Lohan said in a statement at the time her controversial casting was announced. "She was not only an incredible actress but an amazing woman as well. I am very honored to have been asked to play this role.”
Liz & Dick is expected to air on the cable network later this year.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment