WATCH: Necessary Roughness Asks What Would Happen if a Quarterback Came Out?
BY Christopher Rudolph
February 13 2013 6:45 PM ET
USA Network premiered the first part of a two episode storyline on Necessary Roughness (Wednesdays at 10 p.m.) last night that addresses the question: what would happen if a football player was the first major league sports star to come out of the closet?
Necessary Roughness, one of USA’s biggest hits, is about Dr. Dani Santino, a recently divorced therapist who takes a job as the team therapist for the New York Hawks. A television series about the lives of football players decided to make the unprecedented move of featuring a storyline about the first major league sports star to come out and how that affects his team on and off the field, in part because of the network's committment to ending homophobia and intolerance.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM