Jon Stewart Slams Liz Cheney, Mocks Hallmark for Nongay Ornament
BY Jase Peeples
November 19 2013 2:03 PM ET
Jon Stewart was in rare form during the latest segment of “Gaywatch” on last night’s episode of The Daily Show.
The hilarious host started off his segment on LGBT issues with a warm-up, mocking former Vice President Dick Cheney’s daughter Liz Cheney — who is currently running for Senate — for failing to support her lesbian sister’s marriage during a recent interview by stating that she believes in “traditional marriage.”
Next Stewart cranked up the heat by unleashing a wave of LOL-inducing one-liners aimed at greeting card company Hallmark for removing the word “gay” from the lyrics of a Christmas carol printed on one of the company’s new keepsake ornaments.
“Why stop there, Hallmark?” Stewart chided. “There are so many other terms that are open to interpretation — yule log, candy cane, stocking stuffers. Come to think of it, I don’t think any holiday has gayer verbiage. What about Santa going down the chimney? That could mean something else. Especially if there’s a guy named Chimney.”
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 41 min 12 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 12 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 18 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 19 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 33 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 2 hours 54 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM