Jon Stewart Slams Liz Cheney, Mocks Hallmark for Nongay Ornament
BY Jase Peeples
November 19 2013 2:03 PM ET
Jon Stewart was in rare form during the latest segment of “Gaywatch” on last night’s episode of The Daily Show.
The hilarious host started off his segment on LGBT issues with a warm-up, mocking former Vice President Dick Cheney’s daughter Liz Cheney — who is currently running for Senate — for failing to support her lesbian sister’s marriage during a recent interview by stating that she believes in “traditional marriage.”
Next Stewart cranked up the heat by unleashing a wave of LOL-inducing one-liners aimed at greeting card company Hallmark for removing the word “gay” from the lyrics of a Christmas carol printed on one of the company’s new keepsake ornaments.
“Why stop there, Hallmark?” Stewart chided. “There are so many other terms that are open to interpretation — yule log, candy cane, stocking stuffers. Come to think of it, I don’t think any holiday has gayer verbiage. What about Santa going down the chimney? That could mean something else. Especially if there’s a guy named Chimney.”
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Schools Gayle King on Respect for Gender Identity