Jon Stewart Slams Liz Cheney, Mocks Hallmark for Nongay Ornament
BY Jase Peeples
November 19 2013 2:03 PM ET
Jon Stewart was in rare form during the latest segment of “Gaywatch” on last night’s episode of The Daily Show.
The hilarious host started off his segment on LGBT issues with a warm-up, mocking former Vice President Dick Cheney’s daughter Liz Cheney — who is currently running for Senate — for failing to support her lesbian sister’s marriage during a recent interview by stating that she believes in “traditional marriage.”
Next Stewart cranked up the heat by unleashing a wave of LOL-inducing one-liners aimed at greeting card company Hallmark for removing the word “gay” from the lyrics of a Christmas carol printed on one of the company’s new keepsake ornaments.
“Why stop there, Hallmark?” Stewart chided. “There are so many other terms that are open to interpretation — yule log, candy cane, stocking stuffers. Come to think of it, I don’t think any holiday has gayer verbiage. What about Santa going down the chimney? That could mean something else. Especially if there’s a guy named Chimney.”
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media