Barney Frank, Broadway Star
BY Neal Broverman
January 28 2013 2:32 PM ET
Barney Frank, the gruff gay lion of the U.S. House of Representatives, will show off a different side when he stars in a performance of Broadway's Fiorello!, a musical about the former New York City mayor.
Frank will play a conservative senator during the show's February 2 performance; the show closes the next day. The Massachusetts Democrat is retiring from the House, but rumors are swirling that he may fill in for John Kerry in the Senate, when Kerry takes over for Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 59 min 45 sec ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 1 hour 40 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM