Barney Frank, Broadway Star
BY Neal Broverman
January 28 2013 2:32 PM ET
Barney Frank, the gruff gay lion of the U.S. House of Representatives, will show off a different side when he stars in a performance of Broadway's Fiorello!, a musical about the former New York City mayor.
Frank will play a conservative senator during the show's February 2 performance; the show closes the next day. The Massachusetts Democrat is retiring from the House, but rumors are swirling that he may fill in for John Kerry in the Senate, when Kerry takes over for Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 13 min 46 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 53 min 2 sec ago
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court 59 min 22 sec ago
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1 hour 22 min ago
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 1 hour 31 min ago
- Youth Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill 1 hour 38 min ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 2 hours 20 min ago