Google "Gay" for Sign of Solidarity
BY Lucas Grindley
June 20 2011 11:10 AM ET
Google’s signal of its solidarity with gay people got a little more noticeable this Pride Month.
Run a search for “gay” and related terms and users see a swooping rainbow appear next to the search box at the top of results pages. During previous pride months, Google had included a thin rainbow bar above results.
The festive sign of support follows a nationwide ad campaign in which the It Gets Better brand of viral videos played a huge role in promoting Google’s Web browser, Chrome. The company’s employees taped their own contribution to the series in 2010.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started
- MICHAEL SAM CUT FROM RAMS ROSTER
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- WATCH: Travis Wall Brings Same-Sex Couples to So You Think You Can Dance