D.C. Mayor Enters Chick-fil-A Fray
BY Neal Broverman
July 29 2012 11:45 AM ET
Gray went a step further on Twitter, referring to the Atlanta-based chain as "hate chicken." Chick-fil-A has funneled millions to groups that work to strip rights from LGBT people, while their CEO gives interviews disregarding LGBT families, saying he doesn't believe gays should be able to marry, and says anyone who believes otherwise is "arrogant," shaking their fist at God," and "invites God's judgment." He also claimed that Chick-fil-A managers have to help parent those not raised in traditional mother/father homes.
On Friday, Gray was asked his position on Chick-fil-A, but he declined to give a response at the time. Later he tweeted, "Given my long standing strong support for LGBT rights and marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken."
While the chain is ubiquitous in D.C.'s suburbs, the only Chick-fil-A in the capitol is on the grounds of Catholic University. There are no current plans for any others, the Washington Post reports.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 1 hour 8 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 1 hour 13 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 1 hour 22 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 1 hour 27 min ago
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 1 hour 27 min ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 1 hour 36 min ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 1 hour 40 min ago