D.C. Mayor Enters Chick-fil-A Fray
BY Neal Broverman
July 29 2012 12:45 PM ET
Gray went a step further on Twitter, referring to the Atlanta-based chain as "hate chicken." Chick-fil-A has funneled millions to groups that work to strip rights from LGBT people, while their CEO gives interviews disregarding LGBT families, saying he doesn't believe gays should be able to marry, and says anyone who believes otherwise is "arrogant," shaking their fist at God," and "invites God's judgment." He also claimed that Chick-fil-A managers have to help parent those not raised in traditional mother/father homes.
On Friday, Gray was asked his position on Chick-fil-A, but he declined to give a response at the time. Later he tweeted, "Given my long standing strong support for LGBT rights and marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken."
While the chain is ubiquitous in D.C.'s suburbs, the only Chick-fil-A in the capitol is on the grounds of Catholic University. There are no current plans for any others, the Washington Post reports.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM