New Chick-fil-A Flier Mocks 'Fruitcakes'
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 2:11 PM ET UPDATED: October 16 2012 5:58 PM ET
UPDATE No. 1: A spokesman for Chick-fil-A said that the company is currently investigating the flier and will make a statement on the matter shortly.
A Chick-fil-A franchise in the Atlanta area is passing out fliers for party trays that may be playing on the company's brush with LGBT rights activists.
The company came under fire earlier this year after its president said that he was "guilty as charged" when it came to using his company to support antigay causes.
The Chamblee, Ga., store's advertisement, posted on Towleroad, claims, "Only a fruitcake wouldn't love our party trays."
A manager at the store declined to comment, and a call to the corporate communications office has not yet been returned.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'