New Chick-fil-A Flier Mocks 'Fruitcakes'
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 1:11 PM ET UPDATED: October 16 2012 4:58 PM ET
UPDATE No. 1: A spokesman for Chick-fil-A said that the company is currently investigating the flier and will make a statement on the matter shortly.
A Chick-fil-A franchise in the Atlanta area is passing out fliers for party trays that may be playing on the company's brush with LGBT rights activists.
The company came under fire earlier this year after its president said that he was "guilty as charged" when it came to using his company to support antigay causes.
The Chamblee, Ga., store's advertisement, posted on Towleroad, claims, "Only a fruitcake wouldn't love our party trays."
A manager at the store declined to comment, and a call to the corporate communications office has not yet been returned.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 51 min 49 sec ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM