New Chick-fil-A Flier Mocks 'Fruitcakes'
BY Michelle Garcia
October 16 2012 2:11 PM ET UPDATED: October 16 2012 5:58 PM ET
UPDATE No. 1: A spokesman for Chick-fil-A said that the company is currently investigating the flier and will make a statement on the matter shortly.
A Chick-fil-A franchise in the Atlanta area is passing out fliers for party trays that may be playing on the company's brush with LGBT rights activists.
The company came under fire earlier this year after its president said that he was "guilty as charged" when it came to using his company to support antigay causes.
The Chamblee, Ga., store's advertisement, posted on Towleroad, claims, "Only a fruitcake wouldn't love our party trays."
A manager at the store declined to comment, and a call to the corporate communications office has not yet been returned.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 41 min 27 sec ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM