Out & Equal
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 21 2010 12:55 AM ET
Perhaps the most exciting event of the Out & Equal Workplace Summit – this year at the Los Angeles Convention Center, October 5-8 – is the presentation of the “Outie” awards at the annual Workplace Awards Dinner. From dozens of exceptional nominations, an independent committee selects a handful of finalists, one of whom a panel of distinguished judges will select for their achievements in furthering lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workplace equality.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates’ Founding Executive Director Selisse Berry expressed excitement. “Every year, I am overwhelmed by the number and quality of the nominations received in each of the Workplace Awards categories. This year is no exception, and our 2010 finalists represent an amazing array of accomplishments”
The “Outies” are an important way that Out & Equal honors the progress and courage of its partners striving to create workplace cultures inclusive of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities. Since 2000, Out & Equal has celebrated the accomplishments of over 50 individuals and organizations for their efforts to advance LGBT workplace equality.
In addition to the annual Workplace Summit and “Outie” awards, Out & Equal supports organizations year-round through its Executive Forum, LGBT training and education offerings, Town Call series, Regional Affiliate programs, and its LGBTCareerlink.com online career initiative. These programs and services are leading the way toward equal policies, opportunities, practices and benefits in the workplace for all employees, inclusive of all sexual orientations, gender identities or characteristics.
The 2010 Workplace Awards Ceremony and Dinner will be held on Wednesday, October 7th. Tickets are still available. Visit www.OutandEqual.org for more information.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 55 min ago
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 2 hours 53 min ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 2 hours 55 min ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM