BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 4:00 AM ET
Focusing on our core values of Best People and Respect for the Individual, Accenture is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports our LGBT employees. We adhere to a strict non-discrimination policy and provide a clear, open line of communication between employees and management. As a corporate leader in workplace equality, Accenture:
â€˘ Was one of the first to add sexual orientation and gender identity and expression information to our nondiscrimination policy.
â€˘ Became one of ten companies to implement Transgender Transition Guidelines that comply with World Professional Association for Transgender Health standards.
â€˘ Signed on as a sponsor of the all-inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).
â€˘ Is adding domestic partner tax true-ups to US employeesâ€™ total reward packages effective January 1, 2012.
â€˘ Has employee benefits for same-sex couples in many of the countries in which we operate today and continues to work to extend these benefits to all our employees.
â€˘ Provides same-sex domestic partners with accompanied cross-border assignment benefits and a global medical plan or long-term assignments and certain transfers.
â€˘ Has introduced policies, where permitted by law, to ensure the equal treatment of employees, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
â€˘ Offers diversity and leadership training inclusive of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender topics.
Building on the success of 19 local networks across the United States, Accenture has created a Global LGBT Network to share information, facilitate connections, and support and mentor LGBT employees. For example, the Network frequently holds meetings to develop employees and engage Accenture leadership. It also completed one of the industryâ€™s most comprehensive global employee benefits reviews, enabling us to expand benefits in countries where legally permitted.
Our Network teams with straight allies to create strong partnerships with Out & Equal, Human Rights Campaign, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, William Way Foundation, and many others. Through our diversity recruiting efforts, including LGBT-targeted recruiting, we have created relationships with multiple US universities to help promote LGBT employers on campus, as well as with recruiting non-profits like Out for Undergraduate Business Council and Reaching Out MBA.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1 hour 34 min ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM