BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 3:00 AM ET
Focusing on our core values of Best People and Respect for the Individual, Accenture is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports our LGBT employees. We adhere to a strict non-discrimination policy and provide a clear, open line of communication between employees and management. As a corporate leader in workplace equality, Accenture:
• Was one of the first to add sexual orientation and gender identity and expression information to our nondiscrimination policy.
• Became one of ten companies to implement Transgender Transition Guidelines that comply with World Professional Association for Transgender Health standards.
• Signed on as a sponsor of the all-inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).
• Is adding domestic partner tax true-ups to US employees’ total reward packages effective January 1, 2012.
• Has employee benefits for same-sex couples in many of the countries in which we operate today and continues to work to extend these benefits to all our employees.
• Provides same-sex domestic partners with accompanied cross-border assignment benefits and a global medical plan or long-term assignments and certain transfers.
• Has introduced policies, where permitted by law, to ensure the equal treatment of employees, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• Offers diversity and leadership training inclusive of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender topics.
Building on the success of 19 local networks across the United States, Accenture has created a Global LGBT Network to share information, facilitate connections, and support and mentor LGBT employees. For example, the Network frequently holds meetings to develop employees and engage Accenture leadership. It also completed one of the industry’s most comprehensive global employee benefits reviews, enabling us to expand benefits in countries where legally permitted.
Our Network teams with straight allies to create strong partnerships with Out & Equal, Human Rights Campaign, National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, William Way Foundation, and many others. Through our diversity recruiting efforts, including LGBT-targeted recruiting, we have created relationships with multiple US universities to help promote LGBT employers on campus, as well as with recruiting non-profits like Out for Undergraduate Business Council and Reaching Out MBA.
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 28 min 13 sec ago
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 1 hour 27 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 2 hours 27 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM