Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 4:00 AM ET
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants has been involved in the LGBT community since we started business in 1981. Based in San Francisco, our LGBT employees and guests have always been an important part of what makes the company one of the premier hotel brands in America. With more than 50 hotels and restaurants in 23 cities across the United States, our employees are ready to welcome our guests with care.
First in LGBT Equality
Kimpton was the very first hotel collection to score 100% in the Human Rights Campaignâ€™s Corporate Equality Index back in 2004. And in 2010, Kimpton earned HRCâ€™s Award for Workplace Equality Innovation, recognizing advanced and forward thinking LGBT policies. We were recognized for our overall Transgender benefits policy and for being one of the first companies that addressed the inequality in the Federal Tax code for domestic partnerships. In 2011, Kimpton was awarded the International Business Leadership Award by Equality Forum.
Supporting the Community
LGBT guests have always been very important to Kimpton, and of course we provide support back by providing funds and product donations to over 100 LGBT organizations every year. In addition, our Annual Red Ribbon campaign has raised more than a million dollars for HIV charities over the past 20 years. To learn more about partnership opportunities with Kimpton, email LGBTsupport@kimptonhotels.com.
It Starts With A Crush and Then Leads To Marriage
With a spirited marketing communications program and outstanding community outreach, Kimpton has developed a loyalty group of over 30,000 LGBT Kimpton members. We welcome everyone to join the program at kimptonhotels.com/lgbt. Throughout the years, our loyal community have chosen Kimpton to celebrate their marriage and commitment ceremonies and weâ€™re honored to be a part them. At Kimpton, we consider every day and every moment another opportunity to engage with our guests and enhance their experience with us.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM