Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 3:00 AM ET
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants has been involved in the LGBT community since we started business in 1981. Based in San Francisco, our LGBT employees and guests have always been an important part of what makes the company one of the premier hotel brands in America. With more than 50 hotels and restaurants in 23 cities across the United States, our employees are ready to welcome our guests with care.
First in LGBT Equality
Kimpton was the very first hotel collection to score 100% in the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index back in 2004. And in 2010, Kimpton earned HRC’s Award for Workplace Equality Innovation, recognizing advanced and forward thinking LGBT policies. We were recognized for our overall Transgender benefits policy and for being one of the first companies that addressed the inequality in the Federal Tax code for domestic partnerships. In 2011, Kimpton was awarded the International Business Leadership Award by Equality Forum.
Supporting the Community
LGBT guests have always been very important to Kimpton, and of course we provide support back by providing funds and product donations to over 100 LGBT organizations every year. In addition, our Annual Red Ribbon campaign has raised more than a million dollars for HIV charities over the past 20 years. To learn more about partnership opportunities with Kimpton, email LGBTsupport@kimptonhotels.com.
It Starts With A Crush and Then Leads To Marriage
With a spirited marketing communications program and outstanding community outreach, Kimpton has developed a loyalty group of over 30,000 LGBT Kimpton members. We welcome everyone to join the program at kimptonhotels.com/lgbt. Throughout the years, our loyal community have chosen Kimpton to celebrate their marriage and commitment ceremonies and we’re honored to be a part them. At Kimpton, we consider every day and every moment another opportunity to engage with our guests and enhance their experience with us.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 2 hours 4 min ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 2 hours 18 min ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 3:36 PM
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 3:17 PM
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2:47 PM
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 2:41 PM