BY Advocate Contributors
September 20 2011 4:00 AM ET
To us, diversity simply means honoring equally all the backgrounds and points of view that make up the rich fabric of the American culture. We believe in the enduring quality of life for all our employees as strongly as we believe in the enduring quality of our automobiles. In short, we believe diversity is essential to all the values our business is built upon.
Only involved, inspired, energized and accepted employees will enable us to grow and thrive while meeting the constantly changing challenges of the marketplace. Thatâ€™s why our philosophy of diversity and inclusion is backed by concrete strategic imperatives that ensure our vision of understanding and valuing differences is realized across the company.
For example, our Corporate Diversity Council represents all levels and perspectives across our organization and oversees our many diversity efforts. At the local level, employee-led Diversity councils act as advocates for inclusion and as ambassadors in their communities. The result? For the past four years, Volkswagen of America has received a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundationâ€™s Corporate Equality Index that measures the inclusiveness of workplace policies for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender employees.
But we donâ€™t view diversity merely as good corporate citizenship; itâ€™s also good business, helping us build better relationships with our customers, employees, suppliers and business partners.
Our corporate sponsorships reflect our commitment to diversity as well; â€śThe Focus Groupâ€ť with Tim Bennett and John Nash is brought to listeners of SIRIUS XM OutQ each week by Volkswagen of America, and provides listeners with an inside look at the out side of business.
Diversity. At Volkswagen Group of America, itâ€™s our way of life.
For more information on Volkswagen Group of America please visit: volkswagengroupamerica.com
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM