And the Gaysayer Oscar Tweet Goes To…
BY Jami Smith
February 27 2012 3:05 PM ET
You can keep your Clooneys and Jolie-Pitts. Our favorite moments from last night’s ceremony come from the likes of Bill Maher, Wanda Sykes, Fortume Feimster, and the Gaysayer All Stars. For daily updates, join the more than 4,300 people who already follow @gaysayer on Twitter.
Here are some of our favorite jokes from last night’s show. The nominees for Best Tweet of the 2012 Academy Awards are…A post from your host:
This year's Academy Awards brought to you by Billy Crystal, Blackberry, JC Penny and 1995.
— Jami Smith (@jamismithcomic) February 27, 2012
Christian Bale just murdered a valet guy. #PostOscars
— Jenny Johnson (@JennyJohnsonHi5) February 27, 2012
Well check that out, instead of the maids, the french are cleaning up tonight.Refreshing.
— Official Wanda Sykes (@iamwandasykes) February 27, 2012
I was starting to think these Oscars weren't gay enough and then Tom Cruise showed up.
— Fortune Feimster (@fortunefunny) February 27, 2012
I insist on referring to "Albert Nobbs" as "Extremely Glenn and Incredibly Close." I also have no friends. #Oscars
— braden graeber (@hipstermermaid) February 27, 2012
— Paula Poundstone (@paulapoundstone) February 27, 2012
3 of those people are alive they just haven't worked in a while
— Bill Maher (@billmaher) February 27, 2012
George Clooney and Brad Pitt both lost. They will cry themselves to sleep atop their hot women & piles of money. #Oscars
— caprice crane (@capricecrane) February 27, 2012
It's insensitive of Brad Pitt to have "The Rachel" haircut.
— Jen Kirkman (@JenKirkman) February 27, 2012
And the Oscar Goes To, Number 1:
Can you imagine how well Meryl Streep can fake an orgasm? #oscars
— Julia Segal (@juliasegal) February 27, 2012
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM