WATCH: The Daily Show's Quest to Find the Perfect Political Prop
BY Lucas Grindley
August 16 2012 12:02 PM ET
The Daily Show gave itself the job of casting the Democratic National Convention with the specific roles dreamed up by its organizers â€” including a heroic gay soldier.
Politico's Mike Allen reported earlier this week on a memo about the convention's lineup and its search for an imaginary list of speakers.
"Donâ€™t Ask Donâ€™t Tell," the memo listed among its hot points. "Gay soldier and fellow (straight) soldier who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan (ideally the straight soldier was helped by the gay soldier, i.e., medic, in fire fight)."
Organizers also want to highlight President Obama's contrast on marriage equality with Mitt Romney by featuring a "parent and gay son or daughter," and "not a gay couple," according to Politico.
So The Daily Show assigned correspondent John Oliver to find the perfect "political prop." Watch the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 37 min 41 sec ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood 2 hours 12 min ago
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos 2 hours 35 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerkingâ€”and in Calvins 5:44 PM