WATCH: The Daily Show's Quest to Find the Perfect Political Prop
BY Lucas Grindley
August 16 2012 11:02 AM ET
The Daily Show gave itself the job of casting the Democratic National Convention with the specific roles dreamed up by its organizers — including a heroic gay soldier.
Politico's Mike Allen reported earlier this week on a memo about the convention's lineup and its search for an imaginary list of speakers.
"Don’t Ask Don’t Tell," the memo listed among its hot points. "Gay soldier and fellow (straight) soldier who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan (ideally the straight soldier was helped by the gay soldier, i.e., medic, in fire fight)."
Organizers also want to highlight President Obama's contrast on marriage equality with Mitt Romney by featuring a "parent and gay son or daughter," and "not a gay couple," according to Politico.
So The Daily Show assigned correspondent John Oliver to find the perfect "political prop." Watch the video below.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 1 hour 18 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 1 hour 18 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 1 hour 18 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM