WATCH: The Daily Show's Quest to Find the Perfect Political Prop
BY Lucas Grindley
August 16 2012 12:02 PM ET
The Daily Show gave itself the job of casting the Democratic National Convention with the specific roles dreamed up by its organizers — including a heroic gay soldier.
Politico's Mike Allen reported earlier this week on a memo about the convention's lineup and its search for an imaginary list of speakers.
"Don’t Ask Don’t Tell," the memo listed among its hot points. "Gay soldier and fellow (straight) soldier who served together in Iraq or Afghanistan (ideally the straight soldier was helped by the gay soldier, i.e., medic, in fire fight)."
Organizers also want to highlight President Obama's contrast on marriage equality with Mitt Romney by featuring a "parent and gay son or daughter," and "not a gay couple," according to Politico.
So The Daily Show assigned correspondent John Oliver to find the perfect "political prop." Watch the video below.
- Women WATCH: AI's Out Performer MK Nobilette Does 'To Make You Feel My Love' 9 min 5 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Married British Same-Sex Couples Are Now Legal 23 min 38 sec ago
- Travel Forget J.Lo, Windy City Gay Idol is the Hot Ticket 26 min 26 sec ago
- Parenting How Every Parent Should Respond to Their Child Coming Out 41 min 6 sec ago
- Pride Will Lithuania Ban Pride Parades? 42 min 30 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Meet Orphan Black's New Clone! 42 min 50 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is ... Dolly Wilde 1 hour 5 min ago