The Kinsey Sicks Make Music From GOP's Platform
BY Sunnivie Brydum
August 22 2012 3:44 PM ET
Drag troupe and barbershop quartet The Kinsey Sicks have added their harmonious voices to those hoping to elect Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in November.
The "Dragapella Beauty Shop Quartet," known for their pleasant harmonies, snarky political commentary, and over-the-top performances in drag, today released a video detailing the Romney-Ryan economic plan. The feature tenet? "Sell the poor!"
The Kinsey Sicks are scheduled to perform tomorrow at the University of Tampa in Florida, where the Republican National Convention will be held next week. A performance scheduled for Friday was rescheduled for October 25 due to a "neighborhood lockdown, as a result of the RNC," said an email containing the video.
Watch the video below.
- Mormon Church: Let's Make a Deal on LGBT Antidiscrimination Law
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Meet the Gay Bear Nerds Hoping to Bring Down Jeb Bush
- Amid Marriage Standoff, Alabama Lawmaker Threatens to Out Cheating Colleagues
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island