A Tea Party Reporter's Uncanny Interviews
BY Lucas Grindley
September 11 2012 2:02 PM ET
Susie Sampson and her "Tea Party Report" have a tagline: "Balancing the lame stream media by good southern reportin' on Tea Party values!"
Sampson is a big fan of Stephen Colbert. And her "coverage" of the national party conventions might have slipped by you. But it's absolutely worth looking back on for its revealing interview with Stephen Baldwin on whether same-sex marriage is mentioned in the Constitution and Victoria Jackson on why she's against adoption by gay couples — among talks with other wacky political fans.
She actually managed to fit in a few brief (and awkward) conversations with Newt Gingrich and John Kerry.
Watch a few of her "reports" on the following pages, starting with this one from the Democratic National Convention.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Op-ed: When A Trip to Provincetown Helps Moms And Dads Find Strength
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples