WATCH: Daily Show Names Alabama and Mississippi Gayest States
BY Jase Peeples
October 30 2013 12:20 PM ET
The southern states may often get stereotyped as lands of intolerance and homophobia, but after an undercover investigation conducted by The Daily Show, we now know that Alabama and Mississippi are two of the gayest states in the union.
On last night’s episode of The Daily Show — during a hilarious segment titled “Last Gay Standing” — Al Madrigal watched while two actors posing as a gay couple tried to get reactions from Alabama and Mississippi locals to decide which state was the most homophobic. However, from kissing at the county fair to marriage proposals on bended knee at two different Waffle House restaurants, the southern states had nothing but kindness and rounds of applause to give the undercover actors.
Take a look at the video below to see for yourself why Alabama and Mississippi may not be as homophobic as their reputations allege.
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- Students Advised Not to Tell on Bullies
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues
- WATCH: Emma Stone Scolds Andrew Garfield Over Sexist Spider-Man Comments