WATCH: Daily Show Names Alabama and Mississippi Gayest States
BY Jase Peeples
October 30 2013 12:20 PM ET
The southern states may often get stereotyped as lands of intolerance and homophobia, but after an undercover investigation conducted by The Daily Show, we now know that Alabama and Mississippi are two of the gayest states in the union.
On last night’s episode of The Daily Show — during a hilarious segment titled “Last Gay Standing” — Al Madrigal watched while two actors posing as a gay couple tried to get reactions from Alabama and Mississippi locals to decide which state was the most homophobic. However, from kissing at the county fair to marriage proposals on bended knee at two different Waffle House restaurants, the southern states had nothing but kindness and rounds of applause to give the undercover actors.
Take a look at the video below to see for yourself why Alabama and Mississippi may not be as homophobic as their reputations allege.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 41 min 25 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 1 hour 7 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: In Defense of Looking 2 hours 51 min ago
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 6:01 AM
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 5:00 AM
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM