WATCH: Billie Jean King Comes Out Swinging on Colbert Report
BY Jami Smith
January 16 2014 8:00 AM ET
Billie Jean King is a badass lady. President Obama knew it when he selected her to represent the U.S. and LGBT people as a delegate for the Sochi Olympics, and after her appearance Tuesday on The Colbert Report, the rest of America does too.
Despite the fact that her appearance in Russia could be considered "gay propaganda," which is illegal in Russia, King tells Stephen Colbert that she won't stay quiet if questioned. When reminded that she could be thrown in jail for supposedly promoting homosexuality, she responds with "I guess I'll have to take that chance." Game, set, match, Billie Jean King.
Watch the full interview on The Colbert Report here:
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation