Police: Homeless Man Killed Over Gay Advance
BY Winston Gieseke
January 04 2012 7:00 PM ET
A Connecticut man is accused of murdering a disabled homeless veteran over a perceived sexual advance.
The Republican-American reports that 39-year-old Joed Olivera was beaten, stabbed, possibly thrown through a hole in the ceiling, and left on pile of junk in an empty factory in Waterbury.
Police say Matthew O'Brien-Veader, 23, killed the father of two because he believed Olivera had made a sexual advance toward him. At the time of the murder, both men were living in the abandoned factory.
According to the story, a friend of the suspect testified Tuesday that O'Brien-Veader didn't like gay people and once stated that “they should be dropped on an island.”
O'Brien-Veader faces life in prison if convicted.
Read the full story here.
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM