Gay Man Beaten, Robbed, in El Paso, Texas
BY Winston Gieseke
January 11 2012 6:05 PM ET
The beating and robbing of a gay man in El Paso, Texas, is being investigated as a hate crime.
The El Paso Times reports that Emilio Moreno, 23, was hospitalized with facial injuries, including a broken nose, after being assaulted by two men outside a gay bar Saturday night.
Officer Javier Sambrano of the El Paso police are say the incident has been labeled a hate crime because the assailants allegedly yelled antigay slurs during the attack.
Read more here.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?