Gay Man Beaten, Robbed, in El Paso, Texas
BY Winston Gieseke
January 11 2012 6:05 PM ET
The beating and robbing of a gay man in El Paso, Texas, is being investigated as a hate crime.
The El Paso Times reports that Emilio Moreno, 23, was hospitalized with facial injuries, including a broken nose, after being assaulted by two men outside a gay bar Saturday night.
Officer Javier Sambrano of the El Paso police are say the incident has been labeled a hate crime because the assailants allegedly yelled antigay slurs during the attack.
Read more here.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival