Gay Man Beaten, Robbed, in El Paso, Texas
BY Winston Gieseke
January 11 2012 6:05 PM ET
The beating and robbing of a gay man in El Paso, Texas, is being investigated as a hate crime.
The El Paso Times reports that Emilio Moreno, 23, was hospitalized with facial injuries, including a broken nose, after being assaulted by two men outside a gay bar Saturday night.
Officer Javier Sambrano of the El Paso police are say the incident has been labeled a hate crime because the assailants allegedly yelled antigay slurs during the attack.
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder May 24 2013 6:27 PM