Gay Man Beaten, Robbed, in El Paso, Texas
BY Winston Gieseke
January 11 2012 6:05 PM ET
The beating and robbing of a gay man in El Paso, Texas, is being investigated as a hate crime.
The El Paso Times reports that Emilio Moreno, 23, was hospitalized with facial injuries, including a broken nose, after being assaulted by two men outside a gay bar Saturday night.
Officer Javier Sambrano of the El Paso police are say the incident has been labeled a hate crime because the assailants allegedly yelled antigay slurs during the attack.
Read more here.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.