Gay Man Beaten, Robbed, in El Paso, Texas
BY Winston Gieseke
January 11 2012 5:05 PM ET
The beating and robbing of a gay man in El Paso, Texas, is being investigated as a hate crime.
The El Paso Times reports that Emilio Moreno, 23, was hospitalized with facial injuries, including a broken nose, after being assaulted by two men outside a gay bar Saturday night.
Officer Javier Sambrano of the El Paso police are say the incident has been labeled a hate crime because the assailants allegedly yelled antigay slurs during the attack.
Read more here.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Most Antigay in Primary 8 min 38 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 28 min 44 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 2 hours 19 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 2 hours 54 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2:44 PM