Gay Scottish Teen on Trial in Killing of Schoolmate
BY Winston Gieseke
January 20 2012 8:05 PM ET
A teenager in East Kilbride, Scotland, is on trial for allegedly killing a schoolmate who was blackmailing him.
Craig Roy, 19, admits to repeatedly stabbing Jack Frew, 16, on a bicycle path in a wooded area but denies that he murdered him.
The BBC reports that Roy told police he had performed oral sex on Frew several months before the 2010 murder and that Frew had threatened to tell Roy’s boyfriend about the encounter.
While Roy’s sister told police that her brother had admitted to slitting Frew’s throat, Roy himself told police that he had only taken the knife with him to scare Frew and that everything happened “very, very fast.”
Read the full story here.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison