Lesbians Targeted in Texas Vandalism
BY Neal Broverman
June 11 2012 3:07 PM ET
A lesbian couple were just two of many people targeted by antigay vandals in Arlington, Texas, this weekend.
The couple's car was defaced with antigay epithets spraypainted on the vehicle. "Other cars of non-LGBT residents on the same block were also vandalized with sexually derogatory language," according to David Mack Henderson of Fairness Fort Worth.
While the women were shaken, they did note that police responded quickly to their call and their neighbors showered them with support. Read more on Henderson's Facebook page.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana