Lesbians Targeted in Texas Vandalism
BY Neal Broverman
June 11 2012 3:07 PM ET
A lesbian couple were just two of many people targeted by antigay vandals in Arlington, Texas, this weekend.
The couple's car was defaced with antigay epithets spraypainted on the vehicle. "Other cars of non-LGBT residents on the same block were also vandalized with sexually derogatory language," according to David Mack Henderson of Fairness Fort Worth.
While the women were shaken, they did note that police responded quickly to their call and their neighbors showered them with support. Read more on Henderson's Facebook page.
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'