Ex-Cop Accused of Killing Spree Left Last Words on Celebs, Equality
BY Lucas Grindley
February 07 2013 8:39 PM ET
The Los Angeles man accused of a killing spree, who is still being searched for across Southern California, included among a lengthy Facebook commentary his thoughts on gay and lesbian celebrities and LGBT equality.
Christopher Dorner is an ex-Navy reservist who worked for the Los Angeles Police Department for four years, media reports say. Before allegedly setting on a killing spree that has so far claimed three lives, Dorner wrote a Facebook message that ranged from praising Hillary Clinton and Chris Christie as potential presidents to listing particular journalists he liked or disliked.
Anderson Cooper was among those he praised. The out CNN anchor said on Twitter today that he received a package earlier this month from Dormer that included a note, a DVD, and a coin shot with bullet holes.
Dormer in his Facebook message told Cooper to "keep up the great work" and advised him to "stop nagging and berating your guest, they're your [guest]."
For no apparent reason, Dorner got very specific about LGBT equality in his rambling note. He called for equal benefits for military spouses, for example. And he urged LGBT activists to stop targeting Chick-fil-A for protests because they "make some damn good chicken!" and have a "right to voice their beliefs."
"Ellen Degeneres, continue your excellent contribution to entertaining America and bringing the human factor to entertainment," he wrote. "You changed the perception of your gay community and how we as Americans view the LGBT community." He went on from there, praising DeGeneres effusively for helping change his mind while also condemning Proposition 8 supporters. He even called out the Westboro Baptist Church, saying, "may you all burn slowly in a fire, not from smoke inhalation, but from the flames and only the flames."
The Los Angeles Times is now broadcasting live video of the manhunt for Dorner.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM