BY Frank Spinelli, M D
October 29 2009 10:00 AM ET
Many people forget that developing sexually transmitted disease such as Gonorrhea, Herpes, or Chlamydia significantly increases your chances of contracting HIV because it can create open sore or weaken your immune system. So you must always be vigilant about getting tested, regardless of whether or not you feel that you are at risk.
If you are already positive, then it is vitally important that you avoid contracting other STDs because they can lead to painful and expensive complications that can increase the progression of the virus in your body.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality