BY Frank Spinelli, M D
October 29 2009 10:00 AM ET
Many people forget that developing sexually transmitted disease such as Gonorrhea, Herpes, or Chlamydia significantly increases your chances of contracting HIV because it can create open sore or weaken your immune system. So you must always be vigilant about getting tested, regardless of whether or not you feel that you are at risk.
If you are already positive, then it is vitally important that you avoid contracting other STDs because they can lead to painful and expensive complications that can increase the progression of the virus in your body.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 22 min 57 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 55 min 33 sec ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 1 hour 51 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 2 hours 17 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert is a Lesbian Stereotype in Flannel and Birkenstocks 3:36 PM
- Women Lena Dunham Is NOT Amused By Lesbian Porn Parody of Girls 2:54 PM