BY Frank Spinelli, M D
October 29 2009 10:00 AM ET
Many people forget that developing sexually transmitted disease such as Gonorrhea, Herpes, or Chlamydia significantly increases your chances of contracting HIV because it can create open sore or weaken your immune system. So you must always be vigilant about getting tested, regardless of whether or not you feel that you are at risk.
If you are already positive, then it is vitally important that you avoid contracting other STDs because they can lead to painful and expensive complications that can increase the progression of the virus in your body.
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- R&B Singer Monifah Carter Talks About Her Journey as a Lesbian in the Music Industry
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini 21 min 25 sec ago
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club 2 hours 14 min ago
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs 7:18 PM
- Women Martina Navratilova, Billie Jean King Among First Inductees to Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame 6:51 PM
- Entertainment News Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced To Jail 6:20 PM