Dr. Frank's Tips on How to Trim Down
BY Frank Spinelli, M D
July 20 2010 7:00 PM ET
1. Limit your intake of alcohol, fruit juice, and carbonated sodas. They’re high in sugar and sodium, which can lead to water retention.
2. Drink plenty of water.
3. Eat six smaller nutritious meals a day. This will keep your metabolism revved up and will burn more calories.
4. Try to eat protein- rich meals instead of complex carbohydrates.
5. When in doubt, avoid all things white: sugar, flour, salt, and rice. It’s better to stick with whole grains and unrefined food sources.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- In the Galleries: Are We Different?