Dr. Frank's Tips on How to Trim Down
BY Frank Spinelli, M D
July 20 2010 7:00 PM ET
1. Limit your intake of alcohol, fruit juice, and carbonated sodas. They’re high in sugar and sodium, which can lead to water retention.
2. Drink plenty of water.
3. Eat six smaller nutritious meals a day. This will keep your metabolism revved up and will burn more calories.
4. Try to eat protein- rich meals instead of complex carbohydrates.
5. When in doubt, avoid all things white: sugar, flour, salt, and rice. It’s better to stick with whole grains and unrefined food sources.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 17 min 48 sec ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 47 min 16 sec ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 1 hour 39 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 7:59 AM
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM