Dr. Frank's Tips on How to Trim Down
BY Frank Spinelli, M D
July 20 2010 7:00 PM ET
1. Limit your intake of alcohol, fruit juice, and carbonated sodas. They’re high in sugar and sodium, which can lead to water retention.
2. Drink plenty of water.
3. Eat six smaller nutritious meals a day. This will keep your metabolism revved up and will burn more calories.
4. Try to eat protein- rich meals instead of complex carbohydrates.
5. When in doubt, avoid all things white: sugar, flour, salt, and rice. It’s better to stick with whole grains and unrefined food sources.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM