Niagara County, N.Y., AIDS case management program cut
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 28 2002 1:00 AM ET
The Niagara County, N.Y., AIDS case management program has been cut from the county's 2003 budget, leaving about 60 HIV-positive people in the county without case management services, The Buffalo News reports. Five staff positions will be eliminated, including that of case management director Paul LaDouceur. Clients will receive letters announcing the closure before the end of the month.
"We'll be breaking down the program and letting the clients know what their options are so they have their needs met and won't be left with nothing," LaDouceur said.
Two community HIV/AIDS service groups, AIDS Community Services of Western New York, located in Buffalo, and Circle of Hope Center, based in Lockport, have expressed an interest in taking over the case management services for existing clients, but no new clients will be accepted after January 1. New applicants will be referred to other community-based groups, according to Wanda Smiley, director of patient services for the Niagara County health department.
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The South's Longer Wait for Equality
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride 24 min 57 sec ago
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 26 min 8 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Robin Tyler's Rally Cry at Long Beach Dyke March 26 min 32 sec ago
- Television WATCH: Gay Character in Peril in New Teen Wolf Season 3 Trailer 1 hour 26 min ago
- Commentary Stop Acting Like I'm Dead Because I Have HIV 1 hour 40 min ago
- Entertainment News 'Turn Back Time' For Cher's Birthday 1 hour 52 min ago
- Women Texas Judge Says Lesbian Mom Can't Live With Partner and Keep Custody of Kids 1 hour 57 min ago