Seattle company to test HIV vaccine
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 13 2003 11:00 PM ET
Targeted Genetics Corp., a Seattle-based biotechnology company, announced this week that it plans to begin human tests of an HIV vaccine later this year, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. The company has already tested the vaccine, called tgAAC09, in rabbits and reported that the compound produced an immune system response to invading virus in the animals. Targeted Genetics earlier this year laid off a sizeable portion of its staff and cut several research programs to focus on the development of the HIV vaccine and potential treatments for cystic fibrosis and arthritis.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'